Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He loves me...He loves me not...He Loves Me!!!


Early in our sweet marriage just after laundering our sheets I made a confession to Jason.

I confessed how much I loves freshly laundered sheets. When you first climb into a clean bed, the sheets are crisp (not scratchy - free of wrinkles), tight, and smell like clean cotton. Oh, just thinking about it makes me want to grab all our sheets and through them in the washer. I just love it.

After this confession, do you know he has never climbed into a freshly laundered bed before I do. Never. In fact the other night illustrates this perfectly. I fiddled on the computer while Jason enjoyed his nightly routine and then he graciously helped me put the clean sheets on our bed (the really tall mattress and deep pocket sheets are tricky - without his help, his side will eventually pop off the corners).

Then I skipped off to enjoy my nightly routine assuming he was just going to climb in and doze until I finished (as is our usual, unless I get to go first). Well, and to put it mildly, if I don't think Jason is waiting I am very, very, very slow with my nightly routine. I use that time to think about how the day went, what I need to do tomorrow, and I fuss.
It was already getting to be late when I started and then I came to bed. There he was, extremely tired and waiting for me, lying on top of the quilt. Just so I could be the first one to slide into those freshly laundered sheets.

Does it get any more apparent than that!!!! It is the little things, isn't it?

No comments: