Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother.




I found this quote by George Washington and I felt it echoed my feelings about my own mother.

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)


She has the most wonderful love for life, her children and grand-children. She loves to have fun.

She is a great mother and wonderful example to me. I call her several times a week to either share something funny about her grandbabies or to get her help and advice.




I found this poem and it made me think - did I thank her like I should?


As I Look Back...
As I look back on my life
I find myself wondering...
Did I remember to thank you
for all that you have done for me?
For all of the times you were by my side
to help me celebrate my successes
and accept my defeats?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work,
good judgement, courage, and honesty?
I wonder if I've ever thanked you
for the simple things...
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared?
If I have forgotten to express my gratitude
For any of these things,I am thanking you now...
and I am hoping that you've known all along,
how very much you are loved and appreciated.
Author Unknown

Thank You Mom!! And most of all, I love You!!

1 comment:

Hannah Miller said...

Mom doesn't know how to leave comments. buttt.... she says she is just a weirdo! and she loves you very much.