Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween in all its Glory!!

This year for Halloween I really tried not to decide or lead my children to costumes I would choose. I am so glad I didn't!! We had Snake Eyes (from GI Joe), a scuba diver, and a bunny (little bunny foofoo).Photobucket
For Snake Eyes I originally purchased the costume (I know!!) and then I returned it, I just couldn't justify the price tag. Snake Eyes has some serious muscles, so I added those to a black spandex shirt. I made him a ninja hood and bought cargo pants (hard to find in black this year!!).
Photobucket
I keep thinking I should put up my muscle pattern so you can make one for your husbands!!
Photobucket
Stong and Silent!!
Photobucket
Charlotte's bunny costume was the morning of creation. When the guilt of not making her something got to me. It turned out cute, warm and cuddly - the 3 musts for a toddler costume!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Grahm wanted to be a Scuba Diver (a what?). We hunted down a cheap used wet suit, and bought a diving mask. The rest was up to Jason. He made the tank from a 2 liter bottle, attached some tubing, used craft foam for flippers and we have a Suba Diver!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We only had to dress up twice this year!!!! We enjoyed Trunk or Treating at our church. Then that night we headed off to the 'Burbs for some good Trick -or-Treating (whole sized candy bars) with friends from school.

Our Halloween scare came at one point because we lost Grahm while we were Trick-or-Treating. I was ready to start running up and down the street and then we spotted him. Coming back to find the group (we had a large group). He said he just went to a different house to get candy. We think he went back to one of the houses with big candy bars. We had passed another group moments before going in the opposite direction and I think he ended up with them for a few moments. We think its funny now to picture Grahm trying to get a big candy bar. But then on a dark night (not much lighting), people in costumes, I was freaking out (quietly inside).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the scuba tank very creative why didnt i get any of the creativity!! Snake eyes turned out awesome and cant help but love the bunny!! love and miss you guys!!