Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Christmas Dress!

Photobucket
The pattern is a dress pattern from 1901 (French).  It mostly comes with a description of the dress and very little instructions.  That means it was slow going for me and lots of phone calls home to my Mom.  The ribbon is silk, the fabric is a fine baby cord, and there are 63 bead caps (buttons were way too expensive)
I love it, but the silk ribbon causes me too much stress.  I constantly worry about her snagging it and ruining the dress.  So do I let her wear the dress lots and ruin it OR wear it a few times and put it away? 


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hmmmm. I'd document it in many photos.... then let her wear it because you put so much work into it- show it off. (Ohhh but what if you have another girl someday...)
Sorry not much help!