Thursday, April 22, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Last Olympians T-Shirt!

A month before Jayce's Birthday he came and asked me to make him a Camp Half-Blood T-shirt. 

Did you hear me, my little BOY asked me to MAKE him something.  I was excited and how could I say no.  I have forced my homemade creations on my boys from time to time, but never have any of them asked for anything!!

Jayce loves the Percy Jackson and the Last Olympians series.  He would be done with all 4 books, except books are our best bargaining chip.  He is already planning to re-read them!

So I set about trying to figure out what to do on the shirt.  From the movie I don't remember any of the campers at Camp Half-Blood wearing the camp T-shirt described in the books.  I looked online for movie pics nothing.  I looked for shirts already made - I found one adult version.  ADULT!!! 

When we bought the entire series of books it came with a few collector cards, 1 showed Percy Jackson in his T-shirt and 1 showed Annabeth in hers.  I copied this shirt. 

He wore it for 3 days before I could talk him to wearing something else!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You are such a cool, creative mom! What lucky kids you have:)

Glad to have lots of posts to read too!

Jen said...

Hey Micah I keep meaning to stop by and leave a comment. Wow, Jayce has such an awesome mom who could reproduce that t-shirt. You have so many other projects that have wowed me, too. You are amazing! I've finally found another crafty person within a 45-mile radius, but then you guys are going to move 1000's of miles away in a few short months:(

We had a lot of fun this weekend, and I can't wait to make those knot dresses for the girls. They can't either. Unlike your boys, the girls love me to make them things and wear the tar out of anything I do make. For instance, the girls insisted on wearing their dresses again today at church (Mimi even agreed to wear the leggings again even though she prefers feet attached to her tights). I relented because there were no visible stains, but I refused Mimi's request to wear her dress for a 3rd day in a row. I suppose this just means I need to make them more dresses.

xlilStrawberry said...

OO:
I want onee!!!!
Your one awesome mom~!
How'd you make it?
I've been trying to figure out how to make one for awhile now and still no luck T____T

Micah C said...

xlilstrawberry,
I will try and post a tutorial before the end of the week. Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

How did you make it?