Wednesday, October 19, 2011

She's One!

My baby is One and walking.  Technically a baby, but so big already.  I miss the days when she would sit and snuggle.  She probably had the worst First Birthday ever.  She spent her day crying for Mom as I prepared and hosted 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9 year olds and taught them cool Science.  Then on the day we designated for her cake and dinner we decided last minute to run to the Aquarium and on our return home she ended up sick and blew out a diaper all over the car seat.  We kept her up too late trying to finish dinner and presents.  Next year will be better, I promise.


For her Birthday she received a Little People Ice Cream Truck (Which was very distracting because it wasn't wrapped.  She didn't want to unwrap anything.), bath toys, cupcake toys to add to the kitchen, and her Corolle Doll.  She has been trying to steal Charlotte's and it has been causing problems, so she was very excited to get hers. 




Can you tell by the one picture that she was tired and not feeling well?


 The kids thought the rainbow cake was super cool and it was kind of fun to make.  Maybe we will do it again.

Tennyson you are the busiest of all your siblings.  You are the most curious and determined.  You keep us on our toes.  We are so proud of you and love that you are apart of our family.  You still demand to be held by Mom most of the time and only give kisses when the mood strikes you.  If someone tries to steal a kiss you get angry (hope you feel that way at 16).  You love to play in the water (toilets are acceptable).  You like to get into your brother's Legos and you smile and run when you get caught.  Love you tons, Little Miss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I still haven't met her yet....makes me sooo sad. She looks so big. Hug her, tell her happy birthday! Erica

Shalet said...

happy birthday to all the kiddos! Sure miss you guys.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little Tennyson. I truly can't believe it's already been a year. I still envision you as pregnant. I love that cake. I've really wanted to try to make one of those for a long time, but I know it will be a lot of work.