Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kindess 2013


Photobucket

Many of you may have seen this graphic.  I found it on pinterest (if you follow me on pinterest then you saw lots of kindness quotes getting pinned).

Our family goal for 2013 is to get a whole lot better at being kind, especially within the 4 walls of our own home.  We have noticed a serious lack of kindness going on at home, it starts at the top and trickles to the bottom.  We hope to spend 2013 really focusing on using kind words and serving one another.

I found some free printables for a Kind Kids Club.  The packet includes some coloring pages and room for defining what being kind means and how to be kind.  It also includes cards to print off with acts of kindness on them and some blank ones.  I printed a bunch of blank ones off and every Monday they get a new card with a way to be kind written on it.  They have a week to accomplish their kind act.  For kind acts I included things like: say thank you, give a hug, make someones bed, do a chore for someone else, do a chore without being asked, write a letter of appreciation, etc...

Photobucket

I grabbed the Scatter Kindness graphic and used my vinyl cutter to make a sign to stick on the wall to help us remember.  I hope 2013 is much kinder.


Photobucket


No comments: